Why install a Netgear range extender?
Before explaining the reason, you should know about range extenders. An Extender is a device used to expand the range of the main router. And the need of extender arises when the signal of the main router cannot be able to reach all corners of your home. Netgear extender proved to be an amazing extender in terms of performance. The setup becomes so easy because of the WPS push button. Dual band extenders make the Netgear extenders stronger in their working. So, install one if you need. You can also install another router but routers are a bit costly than extenders. So, it is recommended to install a Netgear extender and for any help regarding Netgear extender setup, contact us.
WPS setup for the Netgear Extender
It is so easy to setup your Netgear extender with this method. The only condition while performing this setup is that your router also has the WPS push button. We are explaining step by step procedure to set up a dual-band Netgear extender. Follow the instructions given below and contact our support team if you are having any doubt with these steps.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear extender and press it for 5 seconds. The WPS light lit up on the extender. This will confirm that Netgear extender is turned on successfully.
- Then press the WPS button located on the router. The WPS light turns green and solid. You have to wait till the 2.4 GHz Link Rate LED lit up.
- You have to gain press the WPS button on the extender to connect with the 5 GHz band. After two minutes, press the WPS button on the router again and wait till the 5 GHz band Link Rate LED lit up.
When both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band LED lit up, then you are connected to the router. After the successful connection, you can use the Netgear extender network to access the internet from the dead zone. If the WPS method is not possible for the Netgear extender setup then you can use mywifiext.net web interface to install the Netgear extender.
Netgear Extender Optimal Position
Place the extender midway between the router and black spot. Make sure, your router and extender work on similar standards. The Company of both do not matter but the wireless standard on which they are working matters. The latest firmware version matters, so make sure the Netgear extender has latest firmware. They will not be able to work properly if one of them is having an old firmware. For some Netgear extenders, it can be seen that we have to place the extender near to the router then after installation, we can change the position according to our will.
Significance of Netgear Extender
Following are the benefits of using Netgear extender in your home or office.
- Extenders remove black spots.
- Increase the range of your router or modem.
- Internet access is provided in each corner of your home or office.
- Enjoy the HD streaming and playing online games after setting up the extender.
FastLane Technology is being used in today’s Netgear extender to increase the performance of the extender. We will now explain what this fastlane technology is and when to enable it so that you will get the benefit from the same.
FastLane Technology encapsulated in the Netgear Extender
- The FastLane technology is used to increase the performance of the Extenders. The performance gets down when the 2.4 GHz band as well as 5 GHz band are working together. Normal operating mode or Internet Surfing mode is the mode that allows the devices on both the bands to connect at the same time. This mode reduces the performance of the Wi-Fi.
- In FastLane technology, two bands are there. One band connects the extender and the Wi-Fi device and second band connect the extender and the Wi-Fi router. This technology is ideal for HD (High-Definition) video streaming and online gaming. Because of this reason, we recommend you to purchase an extender having this technology.
- FastLane technology is of no importance if the wireless router that you are using at your location and all other Wi-Fi devices only support one of the two bands that are either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
If you need any advice for the Netgear extender or have any doubt on which extender to purchase for your home, feel free to call or chat with us anytime. We will suggest you the best extender according to your place and situation. And also help you to install the extender. You may encounter some issues while the setup. So, take help from the technician to stay away from these issues. Chat live with the team to take support as we are having experts to solve Netgear extender setup issues.