The Netgear extender wizard setup allows a user to set up the Netgear wireless range extender in a simple an easy way. The user can even manage all the wireless network settings of the wireless router without moving an inch. In this article, we will discuss about the Netgear extender wizard setup which is also known as the mywifiext net setup wizard. You don’t need to have an active Internet connection while accessing the Netgear extender setup wizard. The hardware setup is necessary for the whole process. So let’s discuss about the above mentioned topics.
Mywifiext net setup wizard
In this section, we will mention the instructions for the Netgear extender wizard setup. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully in order to avoid an issue.
- First of all, take the device out of the box and attach the antennas to it.
- Connect the device with the computer using an Ethernet cable. Plug the one end of the cable into the extender and another end into the LAN port of the computer.
- Plug the device into the power outlet and make sure the device is turned On.
- Now, go to your computer and open a web browser on it.
- On the top, you will see an address bar. Enter the default IP address of your device into the address bar and you will be taken to the Netgear router login page.
- You will see login fields asking for router username and password.
- Enter the username and password into the respective fields and click Login.
- Now you will see the mywifiext net setup wizard on your screen.
- Navigate to the Netgear extender setup wizard and the device will scan for available wireless networks around you.
- After the device has scanned for the available wireless networks, locate your wifi network and select it.
- Now, enter the security key of the network and connect to it. Security key will be asked if you have configured the wireless security settings of your wireless network.
- After this, follow the further instructions given by your mywifiext net setup wizard.
Now that you have completed the configuration process, make sure that you save the settings. If you don’t save the settings, your device won’t be able to make the settings take effect on it. Reconnect to the wireless range extender and run an Internet connectivity test on your extender. If you are successfully connected to the Internet, it means you have successfully hooked your device to the Internet.
So in this article, we discussed the Netgear extender wizard setup process. We also mentioned about mywifiext net setup wizard and we hope that you got to know about the whole process. In case you face any issue while attempting to set up the device, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to serve you.